***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Friday, May 18, 2018

Poppets

Poppet magic is one of the finest and most practical uses of sympathetic magic. It's been around for thousands of years, and is still used by practitioners today for healing, protection, prosperity, and other needs. Learn about poppet history, and how to make your own - and if you don't have traditional supplies on hand, no worries. There are plenty of options out there if you can do a little creative and crafty thinking!

Here are the ones used by Cinosam (That's my Wiccan name!)

I use Guatemalan Worry Dolls (from Ten Thousand Villages), small in size, and I use multiple colours of thread for whatever my intent is.
Could be binding spells or good luck spells. Intent IS EVERYTHING!.

Originally, according to Guatemalan legend, worry dolls have the ability to remove worries from sleeping children. Children tell one worry to each doll when they go to bed at night and place the dolls under their pillow. In the morning the dolls have taken their worries away.

Each doll is about 3/4 inch high and suits perfectly for me. I always do a purification ceremony on the new ones so that my intent isn't lost or mixed with other energies. (I use sandalwood incense for this). I write a rhyme or something else, depending on what I intend to do. Then I will chant my writ and at the same time wrap the thread around the poppet. eg) "I bind once [name] from doing harm to themselves or others. I bind twice [name] from doing harm to themselves or others. I bind thrice [name] from doing harm to themselves or others.. etc. Usually (and this is best, I put the doll is a small cloth bag and give it to the person I was dong the binding for. I think its stronger that way, but if not possible, I place them in a special box on my altar.

Here is the meaning of colours used. Note: you can have some variance, but like I say, the poppets are small so thread is cheap and abundant - available in many colours

Here is a quick reference guide to the meaning of several colors . . .

Red - Stimulates, warms, cheers. Excitement, passion, vigour, strength.

Pink - Love, beauty, kindness. Friendship, caring, acceptance, self-love.

Orange - Warms, invigorates. Stimulates emotions and courage. Flamboyance, enthusiasm, vibrant.

Yellow - Stimulates nervous system and intellect. Joy, optimism, cheer, creativity.

Green - Steadying, quieting, harmonizing. Stability, vitality, prosperity, generosity.

Blue - Love, devotion, harmony. Tranquility, sincerity, patience.

Indigo - Wisdom, self-mastery, insight, spirituality.

Purple - Cools the nerves. Self-esteem, spirituality, transformation, nobility, enlightenment.

Grey - Neutral, conservative, balanced. Security, modesty, dignity.

Brown - Grounding, orderly, conventional, homey. Comfort, stability, material life.

Black - Dramatic, committed, serious. Mysterious, containing potentials, restful or fearful.

White - Cooling, restful. Purity, divinity, simplicity.

No comments: