***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Air passenger dropped his trousers

A passenger at Cologne airport stunned staff who asked him to remove his belt by taking off his trousers instead.

The 35-year-old was checking in for a flight to Munich when the security signal went off as he was searched.

Staff told him to remove his wide belt, which was covered in metal rivets.

At first the man refused but then airport police told him it was the only way they would allow him to fly.

He finally gave in but instead of taking off his belt, he stripped out of his trousers and put them through the x-ray machine.

He then walked through the security gate in only in his underwear before getting back his trousers on the other side.

Airport security spokesman Guenter Ahr told the Express news the rules that led to the strip were necessary.

"You never know whether something is being hidden inside a belt and the rivets are only there to distract staff," he said.

*Note: this happened to The Wizard at Diefenbaker International Airport in Saskatoon SK Canada, I didn't 'take' my pants off, but I was holding them up with my hand and was ready to walk through the metal detector and security said, "Hands at your sides!" I protested but he said it again, so as I let go of my pants, as I walked thru the detector, my pants fell down, revealing my underwear... I was totally embarrassed!

No comments: