***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Monday, June 18, 2007

Minnesota Salesman


A native Minnesotan, and newly graduate high school student moves to Florida and goes into a big "everything under one roof" department store looking for a job.

The Manager says, "Do you have any sales experience?"

The kid says, "Yeah. I was a salesman back in Minnesota."

Well, the boss liked him and gave t he kid the job.

"You start tomorrow. I'll come down after we close and see how you did."

His first day on the job was rough, but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the boss came down. "How many customers bought something from you today?

The kid says, "One."

The boss says, "Just one? Our sales people average 20 to 30 customers a day. How much was the sale for?"

The kid says, "$101,237.65."

The boss says, "$101,237.65? What the heck did you sell?"

The kid says, "First, I sold him a small fish hook. Then I sold him a medium fishhook. Then I sold him a larger fishhook. Then I sold him a new fishing rod.



Then I asked him where he was going fishing and he said down the coast, so I told him he was going to need a boat, so we went down to the marine department and I sold him a twin engine Chris Craft. Then he said that he did n't th ink his Honda Civic would be able to pull it, so I took him down to the automotive department and sold him that 4x4 Expedition."

The boss, awestruck in misbelief, said, "A guy came in here to buy a fish hook, and you sold him a BOAT and a TRUCK too?"

The kid said, "No, the guy came in here to buy tampons for his wife, and I said, 'Dude, your weekend's shot, you should go fishing!"


*Thanks, Andy!

No comments: