***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Thursday, April 15, 2004

DaffyNitions


A friend and I were discussing the definition of marriage, as the priest had mentioned it at the Easter Sunday Mass I attended with another friend, (Mom, don't have a heart attack.... I attended!).. anyways, this Father started Mass 10 minutes early so that he and the Parish could congratulate a couple celebrating their 60th year as a married couple...

This quote, (as much as I can remember), is as follows:

Father's marry the Church

"I congratulate you on your 60 years of marriage. It is an accomplishment. But I must let everyone know, that the government is planning to change the definition of marriage, from one man and one woman...worse... they want to change it so that a man can marry another man and a woman can marry another woman..."

I told my friend, how strange is it that the one day in the last year I choose to try the RC's again and the Priest comes out with this! My friend, (A Catholic), answered quite candidly... "Hmmm.... aren't Priests married to the Church?" I found that quite profound and amusing...

*Thanks, Brian.

No comments: